Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bad days happen

So went out for a ride yesterday with the usual suspects and totally blew up.  I had no energy at all, nothing. I think a day like that is a canary in the coal mine. It's an indicator that something is going on. In the past these days almost always came at the end of a particularly wearing time or a time where I am not being mindful of recovery and rest. 

I have had so little down time after ragbrai. I am sure yesterdays debacle is nothing more than my body saying basta! So I need to go on a recovery schedule for a few days and see what happens.

I am sure this is boring for anyone who may chance upon this but if this i to be a semi record of my effort to become a middle aged bike racer I sure note this down turn for future reference.

So there you have it.

1 comment:

Tamsin Kirax said...

youre slackening off with your blog boy... nothing since 10 august? Youre getting as bad as me! lol