Friday, September 12, 2008

Will mountain bike racing screw me up?



I have been riding a fair bit of mountain bike in the last couple weeks. It seems to go well with the fallish weather we've been having lately. I must say i am really enjoying it. i am worried however about loosing focus on my road goals. 

I think doing some mountain bike races may be really fun and put some energy into training. I've had to work pretty hard to acquire the fitness I have and don't want to jeopardize it. I'm not saying that mountain biking is easier. Obviously it can be as hard as you like just like road riding. It's  more a concern for maintaining focus and keeping my eye on the prize. 

I hired a full time coach last spring for a few months to help me get ready for the racing season. She is an ex pro mountain bike racer I am sure she will have all kinds of advice.  I can sort of already hear her in my ear. "well you have to decide what your goals are" 

I am really glad my season ended on a relative high note. It has me already thinking about the durand road race in the spring. Hopefully another season of skate skiing and the indoor cycling classes by my coach will have me all set to do better at durand than last year(crossing fingers).





These are the three numbers from the three races this year. Sort of a little scrap book above my desk.

Well better get back to it, i have a mountain bike ride at noon and I have stuff I need to get done before I can go.



1 comment:

Tamsin Kirax said...

Cant find the comment section for your video post, so commenting here.... all I can say is.... WILL YOU PLEASE LOOK UP EVERY SO OFTEN OR WE WILL FIND OURSELVES JUST MESMERISED BY YOUR RIDING PARTNER'S ASS! lol