Monday, March 30, 2009

weekend outside.

Caption: Waiting for someone to fix flat.

Rode outdoors both saturday and sunday. It was a bit cool in the high 20's low 30's but sunny and clear. Overall not too bad.

It's been a couple of week since I was put on rest and it's ok to start riding again albeit easy,easy. I feel surprisingly strong given how goofed up I've been. It is getting hard to hold back I am so eager to uncork it to see where I'm at. Patience and discipline are defiantly the lessons to be worked on for this year.

I dug this hole by not recovering properly after the birke. I just got right on it pounding away at the bike just a couple days later and felt worse and worse. In response to poor performance I went harder. As it turns out not such a good strategy.

This year I need to work on affording recovery proper respect. Apparently it's a big deal : )

I think there is a global lesson here too. Allowing yourself to "recover" from all the efforts life offers and having the patience and discipline to respect that your mind and body need it to continue and grow is a lesson I am beginning to get aquatinted with.

Rest and recover is not laziness. It is half of the one-two punch that you need to perform well.




No comments: