Monday, August 24, 2009

Albany Road Race





I races this weekend in Albany Minnesota. It was on the coarse of the state champ. road race last year. It has one big climb and a few rollers so the race comes down to the one climb with the finish line at the top.

My race didn't go very well... just not my day I guess. It was 3 laps and I dropped out at the end of 2. A team mate and lost touch with the main field going up the climb the second time and struggled to catch them on the second lap but by the time we got to the climb to go up the third time we were blown and decided to call it.

Why poor performance? I have no Idea..... just one of those days.

I have the potential to do 3 mountain bike races before the season is up. I am going to try to do some of them. So there is still time to end on a high note.

Then plans are a couple weeks off and start base training for skiing. I am ready for a break in training. It's been a long haul sense february.


No comments: