Friday, September 11, 2009

Transition

This week started transition to ski season. Which means trail running and hill intervals with poles.

Like the last couple years by September I an ready for a change of pace. My skiing mentor is telling me that I need to spend more time on my rollerskis. I went down pretty hard on them acouple weeks ago and now I'm scared of them. I'll have to buck up the courage on keep trying. Maybe football pads : ).

My 73 year old father started working out at a gym last week after years of reletive inactivity. After 3 years of work and improvments I almost envy him. To be starting at the beginning on hindsight was a really exciting part of the grand experiment. Change and improvement comes so fast in the beginning. Mental peace, clarity; once long forgotten, return and the contrast is so drastic.

I have distant friend who I know is really struggling and I hold hope for her that she finds her path to feeling better soon.

So many of us live unnessesarily discomforted.

Wishes to us all for peace, not joy, not elation simple peace will do.


No comments: