Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rollerskiing breakthrough

I've been trying to get on my roller skis whenever conditions permit. So far this fall I have really been struggling. Roller skis are a wobbly affair. They are very unstable feeling and hard to stop on. I have had two crashes on them one of which was 6 weeks ago and my shoulder is still sore and do not yet have full range of motion back yet.

Yesterday was a real breakthrough however. For a few moment it actually felt a great deal like skiing! wow! As I have discussed in the past at times training is some bitter medicine you have to take. Yesterday it was standing at the summit. Days like yesterday are why you go take your medicine.

Just for reference I'll include a you tube video of some rollerskiing done properly for those that may be unfamiliar. this is a video of a local skiing celebrity. Her name is Caitlin Compton and she lives and trains here in Minneapolis for the Vancouver Olympics. I see here out training from time to time and it is so great to see. Her skiing has a flow and ease to it that is like magic. It is truly inspiring. What I wouldn't give to be so gifted.




I am hoping to get out today if the leaves dry a bit this afternoon. They get pretty slick.

See you on the trails.

No comments: