Friday, March 26, 2010

laying low

I've been off the bike and weights for the last 4 days. I was having really really sore legs and very sore knees. Every trainer I've talked with or worked with has always been very cautious about knees. So when mine really started to bark I laid off everything. Today is the first day I have felt significantly better.

I am leave to go out of town for a week and am wondering if I should try to ride today. I think I'd have to go really easy but it might be nice to get some air.

I always struggle when I have to take a break or when I'm on taper. I've become so accustom to having physical activity when I don't I start to get really irritable and fidgety. Oddly I tend to get sick when I lay off too.. odd. I don't tend to get really sick but a light cold is a common side effect of taking it easy for a while.

I'll be heading south next week and am taking the bike and will be riding in a warmer climate. Hope my knees and legs are feeling better to take advantage of the opportunity.

No comments: