Monday, November 24, 2008

Ridin' in the snow.

One the guys on the team has started a regular sunday ride and will keep going out until the snow is too deep to pedal through. here is a little video ( not made by me) of the ride. I bought some roller skis from a guy online, they finally arrived and are all ready to go. may go give them a madden voyage today.

I have decided to race the American Birkebeiner this year I know it's a big leap but I think it's better to give it a try then to be scared off. for those of you not familiar. http://www.birkie.com/ It's 51k and big hills all day long. It, if I'm really having a good day will take 3-4 hours to complete. So not bonking is going to be a real challenge. X-country skiing is easily 900 calories and hour. If you do the math it's pretty easy to see that you could get in trouble. And bonking in freezing cold is nothing to take lightly.

But if as I've said this experiment is about challenging assumptions.... one that I've held is that the birke is too hard for me. So lets go see.


Here is the video from sundays ride:

No comments: