Monday, December 1, 2008

Skiing at last.

Finally got out on skis this week and boy am I rusty. The old skills have taken a vacation and haven't come home yet. I had forgotten how demanding skiing can be, especially when your form is garbage. Efficient gliding strokes is so important that when your not on it it's like plowing through sand rather than gliding on snow. But I needed to get out there and get the transition process started it's a long way to the birkebeiner and I have a lot of work to do to get there.

The only show in town is at elm creek right now they have a 1.5k loop on man made snow. Here are a couple shots of the coarce where we skied yesterday.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel..........OMG it's so cold where you are.........Glad you like out door sports.....I am more the sit by the fire type of girl..glass of wine kick back and keep warm...Well hope to see you soon........Mare

Tamsin Kirax said...

wow, beautiful setting... would love to be there. and thanks btw for your comments on my blog :-)