Thursday, December 4, 2008

Second outing on skis and putting my money where my mouth is.

Had a second outing on the skis and much better my stride is starting to come back, pheew was worried there for a sec. everything from the knee down aches like you would not believe when I'm skiing. If last year is a good measure this too shall pass in a week or two. while I was out there I slowed down and focused on form and it really helped. A couple no poles laps and then some slow-mo v2 and whammo there's the old stride! It was 18 deg. and windy so a bit chilly but it made the snow really fast so no room to complain.

as for my money and my mouth.... registered for the americam birkebeiner last night..... fuck.

So unless I wish to throw away 95 bucks I'm in. really the money isn't the issue it's the 50 k and 10,000 vertical feet. I have to admit i let the mouse hover over the submit button for several long moments before "click" then "Oh my god what have I done"
haha

So to my ones of readers stay tuned. My first birke has real potential to be a train wreck, and therefor potentially entertaining for you. : )

No comments: