Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Too cold.

It's too darn cold. I have been skiing regularly and we even found a coach. I was really starting to find my stride then wham, crazy crazy cold. that negative double digit stuff is too hard to go out in. it's been windy to so the wind chills are in the neg 30's. AAARRRGG. So I sit like the kids in cat in the hat and wait for this to move through. I think it's supposed to break tomorrow. Just in time to meet with our coach. Not that i got much practice in, working on what we discussed last week. I may go to the y today and do, something? I've been idle for 3 days and I've had it.

In addition to having cold outside I have cold in my nose. it's been about a week or so on this cold and it's not going away fast. ratts! Times like these are what make those magic days so great. The ones where no matter how hard you press yourself your body can take it and there seem to be no bottom in the gas tank. As i have said on many occasions I wish i knew how one makes one of those happen on the day you need it.

Prior to the cold snap coming through we had a half day of light rain that was just above freezing so now all the ski base is a block of ice. reports say there is a small amount of powder on top of wind blown ice.. not the greatest. the groomers have there work cut out for themselves to get that in hand. I think we're due for an inch or two today as some warmer air moves in.

I did get the gps tracking working on my phone here is a sample of a recent short outing. I am hoping to have a live version of this running for the birke so my friends at home can check in on my progress if the wish.

No comments: