Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bread and Butter

Some of the usual suspects lined up for a saturday ride



I haven't posted much lately due to the a lack of exciting or post worthy activites. I haven't races in a while I am just pugging away at my training and feeling pretty good really. I went out with the guy's ( all of them regularly faster than me) and faired pretty well. I even got in a break with one of the better sprinters of the group and held my own.. not bad for little ol' me.

On a personal note.... It's interesting that this little experiment of mine has gone on long enough. People are beginning to accept me in my new role. I don't mean approve of it I mean they have changed their assumption of who I am. A sign of this changing role is, on several occasions recently people have been coming to me for help or guidance. Whooa?

I have been a ride leader for the beginner ride for the club /team this year and I am really enjoying it. It is very gratifying to offer to others some of the care and patience that I've received from my mentors on the team. I am a big believer in pay it forward. It's an opportunity to show my gratitude by giving and listening.

Gotta keep on truckin.

No comments: