Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nature Valley Grand Prix

NVGP. starts tomorrow with a Time Trial. The finish line is at the top a of a mile long 14% grade twister climb. It is a regular training spot for local nutbags like myself. It will be very cool to see the pros rocket up it. Kristin Armstrong is back again this year I am really excited to see her race again. Last year she beat the crap out of everyone..... then went and won gold medal. I hope more of the Cervelo Test Team come this year. She was essentially on her own last year.

It will also be fun to see some of the local heavy hitters tangle with someone their own size. We have a local woman road racer that is unbeatable with local talent. On one hand it's cool to see a racer of that level on a regular basis. On the other hand it has a dampening effect on the women's racing scene. I mean why bother with Teresa out there. She is a great racer and on the few occasions I've spoken to her, quite pleasant. I imagine being a local celeb could be annoying as hell some times.

We have a rider in our club who I am sure could take on anyone in town and beat them. But she won't because she to afraid to tangle with Teresa.

Anyway enough local racing scene soap opera stuff.

This week is a recovery week so rest and easy rides for me. Good thing I am baked... : ) On saturday the last of my hard rides in the microcycle I had no legs at all, and a huge head wind coming home....hahaha.

I'll post some NVGP pix tomorrow

CU







No comments: