Friday, June 19, 2009

Buck hill attempt #1

Great weather last night at buck hill for my first race there.


So here's what happend...

I have never races this coarse before and this is only my second mountain bike race of my life to I entered the beginner bracket. Because I am a beginner mountain bike racer. right?

I ended up in a race with about 10 people or so three of which were children.... doh! There were 5 other adult men in the race and a woman and me. I won by 2 1/2 minutes on a 15 minute lap.
Clearly I should have raced the intermediate/recreational class. Which is what I'll do next time.

The other guys in the race were pretty regular guys and I beat them fair and square but it's sort a dubious win.



This is me receiving my $10 gift car as my winning prize... and the crowd is yelling "move up" at me. I assured them I was.

It's all ok tho... I have defiantly taken it on the chin many, many times ( see the marty minnesota road race from last year... ouch) and for once it wasn't me taking a pounding. I am looking forward to the next Buck hill race and the rec class!

Look out Rec... I'm comin' ta get cha..... haha



1 comment:

Tamsin Kirax said...

hahaha, funny. Congratulations on the win though! :)