Sunday, May 25, 2008

cowboy with no horse, is not a cowboy


Ever since my accident, I've been with out my bike.  Which for me is like a missing a trusted friend. Cycling is largely a solitary pursuit which is a large part of it's appeal for me. I find the demands of self reliance challenging, but a daily reminder of my true strength and weakness. There are no opportunities for vail the truth. Out there on the road pain is pain, actual pain not a metaphor for something else and you will pay for your mistakes with more of it. There is no pretense pain is pain and joy is joy, undiluted and without rational. The road is honest and unforgiving and I love it for it's lack of bullshit. When your on the road you have one ally. Your bike, it is there, to endure with you through torture and triumph. So when your trusted friend is lost it sort of upsets your apple cart. 

This week after some searching I think I've made peace with a new friend to be joining me in the future. I am really looking forward to it arriving I had to order a new frame for my bike and it will arrive in 5 days or so. Then all the components have to be moved over and the bike fit process done with my local bike shop.

So where will I go?  what will I see? what triumphs?  what failures will me and my new friend find together?

Lets go see


1 comment:

Montanna Gypsy said...

Is your wife comfortable with this level of affection for someone/thing other than herself? lol