Friday, May 2, 2008

Race Tomorrow

I am going to be racing tomorrow. There is a 32 mile road race this saturday and I think I'll go give it a whirl. I must admit I've been a little under the weather most of this week sore throat and cold/aches.

Maybe it will have no effect on me, but I've not felt really strong on the bike this week. I think for this racing season however being my first going and getting pack time is going to be helpful. Even tho My fitness isn't quite up to par and I may or may not be able to hang on to the end. It will bode well for next year. I've come a long way in the last year and I think by this time next year I'll be in a better spot to compete. Right now I think this is about getting experience. 

One of the things I am finding about getting fit is there are a million opinions on the best way to go about it. Which tells me there is more than one way to skin this cat. Part of the experience I need to work through, is finding the right way for me. What sort of workouts get me the results I want / what food/ what rest... what is the most effective way to warm up? I just need experience to help guild me.  

Speaking for warming up. For some reason this part of the equation is appearing to have a large impact on how a ride goes. I am finding that the warm up needs to be fairly long 30 -40 minutes, and fairly intense toward the end. i am finding that hitting it hard at the very first, creates a fatigue that I can't recover from. However if I slowly ramp up the effort in a serge and recover method I can push really hard at the end and recover relatedly well.

Well that's all the boring bike stuff I have on my mind at the moment. I'll right in to tell you how the race went.

Once more into the breach! We happy few.

No comments: