Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting ready for the loppet

The City of Lakes loppet is this Sunday and so final preparations are underway. I have been reading the waxing recommendations for the last few days and starting today will look to ease off training. Give the body a few days to get really rested. At this point any new training would have no impact on outcome anyway so you would be unnecessarily tiring yourself.

I skied yesterday on the lovely new snow that fell throughout the day. The temperatures were perfect and the new snow was soft fluff. It didn't have a super fast glide to it but it was so wonderfully soft and cushioning it was pure joy to ski on.

So far my body feels pretty good. I am still having pain in my right shoulder from my rollerski tumble this summer but it doesn't bother me too much skiing and isn't getting worse from it. It has been several months since I've competed in an event and the pre-event gitters are starting to settle in. I am enjoying the excitement of an upcoming event meanwhile lamenting the pain and suffering to come.

What a joy it has been to be a part of a team this year with a coach and everything. The kick off year for the squad has been going really really well. It will be so satisfying to see my teammates at the finish line on sunday. I will post pictures after.

The coach we hired brought a video camera out to, practice a couple weeks ago to film our skiing to look at and talk about form and technique. Here is yours truly doing a bit of skiing.





No comments: