Thursday, April 24, 2008

Moxy

So I had an interesting run in the other day.  I was coming in from a bike ride when this kid on a mountain bike starts waving me down on the road. So stopped and he was wanted to know where he could find a good road bike. There is a neighborhood bike shop close to my house and the guy that runs it is a super good guy so I told him (the kid) I'd ride over to it with him.

On the ride over he is telling me his story. He wants to ride the MS 150. A regional bike ride to raise money for multiple sclerosis. See he has a bone disease and goes to an occupational therapist for help. his therapist has helped him so much and he is really great-full to her. And you guessed it she ( the occupational therapist) just found out she has MS. So this 17 years old kid with this debilitating bone disorder is going to ride 150 miles in 3 day to help someone else! Bam!  Wow!

So I figure my role in this bit of kismet is to help this kid reach his goals. And so the wheel of compassion turns. I help him, he helps her, and she helps him... I love when you get see light and hope. 


No comments: