Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the first day of spring

Yesterday was the first day of spring. With the start of summer comes new chapters in the story.
I am no longer being coached be my cycling coach. I can not afford to have a personal trainer full time, all year. I am not a rich guy and I have to make my choices about what is a smart use of my money. So I'll need to push myself without an external motivator. 

Secondly my new bike is being built as I'm writing this. later today I'll go and get it fitted. and then go for a kick off ride!

I am concerned about maintaining training intensity. I can feel myself slipping and it's worrying. I've made so much progress but have so far yet to go. To tell the truth I am a bit sad. I wish I would have started this journey 25 years ago. It makes me sad to think of what i may have been able to accomplish if I had set my mind to it back then. Now all that opportunity is gone for me I am just too old to be able to achieve higher levels of performance. 

I'll try to keep an open mind about where this unknown journey is going. But I can tell I'm playing catch up big time.

I'll add ride note after the madden voyage.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hummmmmm I think we are all heading in the same direction.......But choices we make can sometimes make for us to havea better more fulfilling life...Excerise is good for us Mentally as well as Physically...So I say it's never to late to be all God has made us to be!! Go for It Joel!