Monday, June 30, 2008

Makin' Some Pie





My Dad came to town this last weekend and so we fired up the pizza oven. My dad loves makin a pizza about as much as me. It threatened to storm all day and did rain off and on in the morning. But held off for us to make pizza and hang out in the yard. this is the second time we've used it this summer. I am hoping to press it into use more and more as the summer continues.

Ride notes from the weekend:

I rode on sat only 25 miles or so and not really pressing. Then on sunday rode with a friend that is slower and so rode about 35 but really slow. as bad as this sounds it was hard to wait for them. I wanted to let out the rains and run so bad. my goodness all the kind people who've been held up by me.

I may try to go out over the next couple days and hit it harder to even up after a more mellow weekend.

In other notes you'll notice that ragbrai is 19 days away! I am getting really excited and nervous. the team/club is taking 40 this year vs. the 16 that went last year. So the tone of the thing will be different for sure. 


Fyi: home made wood fire pizza... nothing else like it....   everyone should have a clay dome in their yard.


No comments: