Thursday, June 5, 2008

A non-objective review of the RS

So I took the new ax out for a spin last night and it rode beautifully. It is light and nimble and very, very fast. But what really defines the bike are the subtleties. 

There is a layer of finely detailed feedback from the road and the state of the bike that is wholly new to me. The dampening qualities of the carbon filters out so much noise that the information you need appears load and clear because it's not lost in noise. This feedback makes the bike incredibly intuitive. You just think turn left and it does. It boarders on precognition. 

It is also amazingly stable. The track is so straight. This is a bike that knows how to hold a line. Even when pounding at the pedals the bike doesn't wobble back and forth, rather it shoots forward with each stroke. How can it have such stability and explosive power? 

It is clearly beyond anything I've ever ridden.

I will definitely have to bring my game up to be worthy of it.


1 comment:

Tamsin Kirax said...

cool that all working out with new bike!

ty re house. At least Ive been practicing my decorating in SL! lol